Status 18. Juli 2023 | NUR AUF ENGLISCH VERFÜGBAR
Statement on planned audit at SAIC-Volkswagen (Xinjiang) Automotive Co., Ltd.” (available German only)
United Nations Human Rights Special Procedures: Communication with the “Working Group on the issue of human rights and transnational corporations and other business enterprises":
End of Independent Compliance Monitorship
- Establishing a Group Compliance Committee, HR Steering Committee within the Group and new role for Environment, Health & Safety at Volkswagen Group of America
- Launching Together4Integrity, a global framework to oversee Volkswagen’s integrity and compliance program as well as its cultural change activities;
- The introduction of a group-wide uniform Code of Conduct for all 12 brands and all other companies;
- Expanding the whistle-blower system by investing in processes, staffing and in IT infrastructure;
- Publishing an employee survey conducted by the Ethics and Compliance Initiative (ECI)
- The T4I program has been determined in April 2018 by the Volkswagen Group’s Board of Management. It is the Group-wide program for implementing the Volkswagen Group's holistic and comprehensive integrity and compliance management system. It is firmly anchored in the Group's NEW AUTO strategy. The standards for ensuring integrity and compliance (I&C) are uniformly rolled out and implemented by T4I throughout the Group in more than 100 packages of measures, which are summarized in eleven so-called Key Initiatives.
- Since the launch of T4I, almost 750 Group Entities have been onboarded, thus more than half a million employees of the Volkswagen Group have been involved in our Integrity and Compliance programme.
- As part of T4I, we want to inspire and motivate employees, particularly through Launch- and Perception workshops. These are part of every local T4I implementation and involve representatively selected employees and managers across hierarchies as players in the change process. As of today, we have conducted over 600 across the involved entities.
- The Workshops have enabled us to make further progress: By repeating the events, we measure the progress of the company in question. 83% of those surveyed saw the anchoring of I&C as part of the T4I program in the companies as progressing successfully (as of end of Q1/2022). This is an increase, compared with the year 2020 (78%) and a significant increase compared with the first measurement point in 2019 (71%).
- Each member of the board of management is clearly committed in Integrity & Compliance and pursue I&C projects in their executive responsibilities. T4I program was assigned to steer these I&C projects in the executive responsibilities.
Supply Chain / Sustainable Procurement, Code of Conduct
Supply Chain / Lithium - Cobalt
Supply Chain / Leather
Volkswagen Chattanooga (21.12.2021)
End of EPA Auditorship (13.08.2022)
- The Group amended whistleblower policies and Code of Conduct to state clearly that retaliation against whistleblowers and investigation participants is prohibited, and
- MAN ES implemented further communication and training measures to continue to increase awareness and acceptance of the Whistleblower System, and to continue to encourage employees to utilize the Whistleblower System.
- Maintained an updated Code of Conduct to establish a baseline of principles and guidelines for the entire Group;
- Maintained an effective Whistleblower System based on the principles and standards established in the Group Policy for Volkswagen Group Whistleblower System;
- Communicated with employees to promote awareness of significant ethics and compliance topics and especially the Code of Conduct; and
- Utilized the System for Award Management database to ensure that certain employees with management or supervisory responsibility for business affairs related to U.S. federal procurement and nonprocurement programs had not been suspended or debarred by U.S. authorities.